CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, March 7, 2009

What's with the name ...

It is only obvious I should let you know why I have named by blog this silly name. Have you had a camel ride before? Ok. I will tell you.

It was my parents' 25th wedding anniversary a fortnight ago that we went to this traditional Rajasthani hang out. Me, my 8 yr old cousin sis and my own 18yr old sis, the wacko kids we were, ran away from the whole group to explore the place on our own. and Aha we saw The Ship Of The Desert there!

We went and demanded the camel man that we wanted a ride on it. But he made us wait for about half hour as 'His majesty' was 'resting'. Finally the moment arrived and we 3 hopped on to His back, an effort made no easy with my stilettos. And THE RIDE -

Up and Down and Uuppp and Doowwwwn and side and side and up and down, my pelvic on one plane and the girdle on another (eeks!).. we were laughing, and shouting out of fear ; it felt any moment we would be down on the ground and suddenly raised so high, it was scary but it was ticklish. It was an Adventure ! In the end, it was worth it all.

Isn't that exactly how 'LIFE' is ?? Up and down and round and round, screams of despair, joy of fresh air, the fear of falling, the High of raise, tickles and laughter All the way :)

Camel ride for me is the simplest definition of 'Life'. This blog is about my world - little snippets of my life - and that is why the 'Camel Ride'.

0 comments: